Sunday, July 11, 2010

Time Flies! - Happy Birthday Janelle


Yes, time flies when you're having fun and before you know it you've entered a new decade in life. This morning I'll be making coffee and breakfast for my 40 year old wife!

I know on the calendar you're just one day older but you are entering the 4th decade of your life. I welcome you to the club! Looking at our engagement picture (1996) reminds me of how in love we were way back then. We didn't really have a care in the world and made the most of our time together: hiking, biking, camping, and rock climbing and late night visits after we finished work @ 11:00. In some ways it seems like just yesterday but time flies when you're having fun.

Thank you for being my dreamer (and woman of my dreams). We've had lots of fun fixing up old homes and while I've done most of the work, the vision has come from you. Your mind is always in motion; thinking of different and better ways to get things done at home and at work. And our lives are richer for it.

Thank you for being a my wonderful wife and friend for all these years. I'm looking forward to making many more memories over the next ten years when I get to welcome you into a new club, the 50's. Yes, time flies when you're having fun and before you know it the girls will be finished school and ? ? ?

Enough with the future, let's just enjoy your birthday today ! The Facebook birthday wishes from your friends say it all and are a tribute to the wonderful friend you are and I can only say, "I concur, Happy Birthday Janelle!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday My friend!!!!
You exactly have 22 years experience! I wish you all the best today!!! Enjoy Jenelle you deserve lots of enjoyment.
JW

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your wife Todd - she is looking good at 40!!
Sheila