Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Meander through the Mountains.

The girls flew to Regina on Saturday with our two caregivers Kim and Kelly. Todd and I started out the next day driving spending one night at 3 valley Gap, the mysterious hotel trapped in mountains and low cloud. It reminded us of a scene from scoobie doo, a ghost town, , no cell service, no wiffi, and some pretty time warped staff as well as hotel guests.

Our next stop was Banff. Todd and I retraced the steps of our honey moon, by going on a bike ride around tunnel mountain. However the bike ride turned into a mosquito infestation Todd got at least 50 bites, I was unscathed as growing up on the prairies I have become  immune. We ended our time in Banff eating where we ate 16 years ago...The Grizzley House-a fondue place.

We ended up in Regina yesterday......and have been surrounded by cousins, uncles aunts, grandma/pa and a new baby....Oliver.

Although we are having a great time, there is so much weighing heavily on my heart. Going back we are once again looking for a new fulltime caregiver, a new teacher's aide, as well as options for Kourtney's schooling Virtual???. We may even be going down to Minneapolis for a consult, and just a consult to see what a successful bone marrow transplant will look like for Kourtney. So many things are up in the air, but what I learned, the more I worry, the more I plan, the more I take it own as my own.......disappointment ensues. But what I have learned is I need to lay it all down...At HIS FEET.

















2 comments:

Nancy said...

I read this today on a friend's post, taken from The Message, Philippians 4:6

6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

This is easy to post and easy to read; harder to do. May you know His peace as you place it daily at the feet of Jesus. Praying for you and your family.

Michi said...

You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your journey with others. Your family has been a huge source of encouragement for me while I've been on my own difficult journey. May the Lord grant you His peace and joy and I pray your burden will be light as you share it with Him!
Michi