Sunday, April 17, 2005

Update 2

Dear friends and family,

Just a little update as I start our day. Last night was a great night. Kourtney slept well and so did Shaelyn. (sleep makes the world of difference for everyone).

Since Sunday, Kourtney's eyes have been slowly improving and yesterday she opened them in the morning with little pain. She still requires sunglasses. We are thankful that the cornea in general heals quickly. For me though is the fear of this happening again and not knowing why. Todd and I have been vigilent in making sure lubricants are applied to her eye at night. There is not much more we can do except pray for guardian angels around her bed at night to keep her eyes safe. The damage done to the cornea also worries me. If this keeps happening Kourtney will require a cornea transplant in her adult years. Not only has there been damage to her eyes, her skin also pays the price for stress also. It still amazes me that Disneyland caused little blistering but sitting idle causes more damage.

Kourtney's nose is also stuffed up. We can't decided weather it is a cold or allergies. I think it is a viral thing as Todd and I have it. The Doctor thought it was allergies, I guess we will know in the days to come. So naturally her eyes are even more afftected when her nose is running.

Could you pray for me today? I feel so overwhelmed and fearful today. My mother's heart is breaking. I have been doing this for 7 1/2 years and will never get used to watching my child suffer. I know that there will be good times again and I anticipate them. It is just trying to manage a disease that is so out of my control. I am so thankful for email because I know I have many prayer warriors out there that will take this request to God.

Thank you for your prayers.

Janelle

No comments: