Sunday, April 17, 2005

Update 3

Dear friends and family in prayer,

I just want to update you today. Thank you so much for all your prayers and emails yesterday. It was so awesome to feel the prayers and love from everyone. Last night, just as we thought we were rounding the corner with her eyes and cold symptoms, Kourtney complained of a stomach ache. At 10:30 pm Kourtney began vomitting, just when we thought there was no more in her stomach she would start up again. We gave her gravol and that came back at us instantly. We took her to the ER in Abbotsford where she got a shot of gravol and sent her home. The Doctor thought it was the stomach flu, so did I because of the smell. She slept well for 4 hours, and is now vomitting again. For you nurses, she doesn't have a temp and she is very alert. Funny thing; her eyes aren't sore any more.

It may sound weird but the stomach flu is way more tolerable for all us than the EB symptoms at least we know that this is temporary and the Doctors know how to treat it. I feel more Peace today, the sun is shining and we can have the blinds wide open. It is only through everyone's prayers that I can have this PEACE. The song that I fell asleep with last night was: Thank You For Saving Me.

Thank You For Saving Me

Thank you for saving me, what can I say?
You are my everything, I will sing your praise.
You shed your blood for me, what can I say?
You took my sin and shame,
A sinner called by name.

Great is the Lord,
Great is the Lord,
For we know your truth has set us free,
You've set your hope in me.

Mercy and grace are mine, forgiven is my sin,
Jesus my only hope, the Saviour of the world.
"Great is the Lord" we cry,
God let your kingdom come,
Your word has let me see,
Thank you for saving me!

Yesterday all the words of comfort and support were the truth that set me free from the worries and fears that overwhelm my thoughts when I am overcome by the unrelenting symptoms of her disease.

I also need to also give a huge thanks to my wonderful inlaws, Dave and Bev. We woke them up last night to come be with Shaelyn when we took Kourtney to the hospital. They have been our hugest support and I am so thankful they live close by.

I will keep you posted. As I am sitting here typing, Kourtney has tolerated the Gravol and little amount of juice we have given her through her g-tube, which is a good sign. Todd is home today so Shaelyn and I are headed to Walmart for some applejuice, and Gravol suppositories and maybe a new shirt or something,(hee hee).

No comments: