Monday, June 1, 2009

SWINE FLU????

Last night the temperature outside was 29 degrees Celsius. Despite air conditioning the house felt warm. Todd came and sat beside me, shaking vigorously, stating he was cold. I immediately hooked him up with my two favourite drugs, Tylenol and Ibuprofen and he went to bed. A couple of hours later I went to bed and lay beside him, he was like a heater. He told me his whole body ached . . . so I immediately went to the font of all knowledge . . . "google" and I loooked up swine flu. He had all the symptoms, except the coughing.

We went to our family Dr. who concurred it could be the swine flu until he looked in Todd's throat and all thoughts of swine flu dissipated. Once again the strep invasion has reared it's nasty symptoms and has caused Todd to get sick. He just could not even imagine what it was like for Kourtney to have it on her body.

So, now we are all undergoing treatment for strep once again in our household. I just got over a yeast infection from my last course so now I am armed with acidophiles.

Yesterday Kourtney went swimming (with a fair amount of coaxing). She enjoyed it and only complained the water was cold. She is doing quite well right now, we just are hoping and praying that this continues. Generally the summer brings relief especially
when she goes swimming.

Kourtney just got a cell phone with text messaging on it!! We have unlimited texting, for a month. I think it would be awesome if all of you could text her with encouraging messages, she would love it. Her cell phone number is 604-996-3047. I will make sure the ring is off so she won't beinterrupted at school. You can send pictures or video messaging also.

No comments: