Monday, January 4, 2010

NICE PICTURE EH?

I have to giggle when I see this picture, it turned better than expected,the best pictures are the ones that the least planning goes in to. This was taken at the Imagine Ministries banquet by Tamara Okoti. Imagine Ministries is a group established in our church for family's with special needs children.
I knew that there would be a professional photographer at the banquet. Shaelyn decided she didn't want to comb her hair just because she didn't want to and Kourtney had just finished crying because she didn't want to be there. The girls were upset because Lexi wasn't in the picture and protested having a picture taken without her. Todd and I dug our heels in and we apparently all "grinned and bore it" - for lack of a better term.

We survived Christmas and New Year's and were all looking forward to getting back into our regular routine. Shaelyn bought a new watch with Christmas money and demanded that Todd set it for 0640. Monday morning at 0640 Shaelyn was wide awake at our door telling us it was time to get out of bed. Todd and rolled over in bed and fell back to sleep until Shaelyn was out of the shower but there is no rest for the weary as Shaelyn told us it was 0700 am and that Todd only had half an hour to get ready. Blurry eyed, we stumbled out of bed and managed to get the princess her breakfast. Kourtney on the other hand wasn't quite as keen as Shae and not happy to be up. Once she saw Lexi though she brightened up. After school though Kourtney was being funny. Her one-liners are brilliant. I told her I was losing my mind and she said, "Don't worry mom it has been gone for a long time." How do you respond to that?

I have been off work since Saturday. Todd took me away for the night to "Mission"- yes Mission. We just needed to have a good sleep and time to ourselves. - too much information already . . . yep I thought so. Sunday I started taking down my Christmas decorations which usally ends in spring cleaning. It was wonderful to rearrange my furniture in my new kitchen and dining room. That is what inspired me to take the pictures, because it sure doesn't last for very long. The cleaning up dominoed into the garage cleanup. For those who know my husband's "handy man" skills are meticulous, perfectionistic and borderline anal, but not so much in his garage cleanup skills. Why clean up when another project is looming (new dining room table). So I have spent the last two days cleaning up the remnants of the kitchen reno sawdust and reorganizing the garage, storage room and shed. We left a pile of garbage outside out of our house for the dump and Mona told me it looked like Christmas threw up. ( She also said the best way to lose weight is to use superglue for lipgloss!!)

So here we are January 5th 2010. We made it to a new decade, intact and normal (that is a matter of opinion). What does 2010 have in store for us?

Spring break- A trip to Arizona to visit with the original Kourtney Kujawa and family (yes there are two)- Todd's cousin.
July - summer camp in Minnesota and hopefully Stillwood.`I am hoping to be a camp nurse at both camps.
We have also entered the wonderful world of skipping tournaments we have many to look forward to in the months to come.
Also weekly trips into Children's for physio and iron. Kourtney can now straighten herself up easily when told but really has a difficult time with her gait. She has to learn to walk again. She continues to do well and has more good days than bad and dressing changes are bearable.
Makes me tired just reading this . . . oh maybe that is because I am. Going to bed.

No comments: