Monday, March 29, 2010

I slept!

It felt so great to wake up this morning and feel refreshed from a good sleep. This weekend we had an amazing time with people! Big people, little people and preteen people. Work was very busy but we worked with an amazing team of nurses and pulled through the night. I really do love my job. I have met so many amazing friends there, it is my social outlet. I am currently a preceptor to a BCIT student. She is an RN already but she is specializing in Maternity nursing. It has been so rewarding for me to watch her learn and experience many new things. It hit me that I have 18 years nursing experience to share with her, and I am also 18 years older than her. I love the fact that I can take life experience and work experience and help mentor a younger nurse.
There is still that sick lingering feeling as our family gears up for the changes in our nursing contract. But I have been thankfully reminded that God is bigger than all these issues, He is in charge and for that I can sleep easy.

No comments: