Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ginger Beef

I know it is funny title, and for those who know about Ginger Beef, you will get a good laugh out of the title, but for those who don't know about Ginger Beef, I simply cannot go into detail as I know some readers may be offended if I explained it.

For some reason, this surgery is really making me nervous, I am thinking that it is because, things are going very well right now, and well, with the life of EB it is almost too good to be true. I don't believe in Karma, nor am superstitious, but I do believe in history, and when crisis is a weekly occurrence in the Kujawa household, a month free of it , is making me nervous for what is around the corner.

Semester 2 seems to be a bit happier for Kourtney. She really does enjoy Math. As well she has more friends in her classes, which she did not have her first semester in high school. She is coming home from school a lot more happy and not falling asleep as soon as she walks in the house. She is sleeping better at night due to her new medication that helps her sleep, fights pain, and elevates her mood.
Dressing changes have become easier. Swabs are still coming back negative for MRSA, however, our family doctor put her on an antibiotic (well it was actually me that told him he should).  I think it is wise to clean up any offending organisms on her skin, as she will either be getting blood, iron or both with this surgery. I know that if we can get blood, iron and the antibiotics to work together her wound healing would be much better. Once again historically I know that the pain is so much better when the wounds heal up quicker (right now her chronic areas aren't getting worse, but slowly getting better.)
As well, during her dressing change tonight, we noted that the old faithful IV sites were ready for the anaesthesiologist, the skin was clear, and the areas looked like it could be an OK start tomorrow.

So ya!! Is this too good to be true? I am not sure, but I will take it.

The last 2 weeks Kourtney and I have shared our story with women's groups. It has been so fulfilling talking to a group of women, because the one thing that Kourtney and I both can offer to these ladies is HOPE during struggles. Have to say, that I do believe Kourtney and I could do a lot of this. We enjoy it and have to say we "clean ourselves" up good in front of a crowd. I find in interesting when we are up in front of people, nobody would have any idea, that we were up at 6 doing dressings,  that Kourtney swore when her dressings came off, and that it takes 1.5 hours to do her dressing change.
Alright enough rambling, Please, please talk to God on our behalf tomorrow.  I will update you once we are settled into our room!! I need to remind myself that, "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Until tomorrow!!

.

No comments: