Monday, March 30, 2009

BIG DAY!!

Tomorrow will be a big day for Kourtney at the hospital. We will be seeing pshychologist, pain management, she will have blood work drawn with possible blood transfusion, a visit to the hematologist and will have her cast changed. We will attempt a a shopping trip to ikea for finishing decor for our basement. Todd will not come with us but we will be accompanied by Kourtney's biggest fan...her Grandma Bev. We will hopefully arrive home in time to host pastorate.....Phew....do I know how to stack all events into one day. Kourtney and I are both nervous about this trip in as hopefully we will get some answers to her chronic anemia issues.

I just finished my set of shifts. During my breaks this week I went to go visit a friend of mine in the hospital,words can not describe how refreshing my visits were with this amazing woman. She has faced her battle with cancer with courage and has overcome many obstacles despite the setbacks. She has an infection in her blood right now that requires IV therapy. In the 3 days I visited I am guessing she was poked at least over 27 times!! Not once did I hear her complain as she showed me the bruises and swelling on her arm. She radiated so much joy that it lifted my spirits. I don't think Feather you realize how much joy and Hope you gave to me!!!

I am always amazed how the small things in life are all consuming (paying the bills,losing the last 10 pounds, keeping the house tidy, keeping up with the Jones and the list goes on) but when one who has sat on the brink of death, it is amazing how the small things don't seem to matter anymore....the only thing that matters is that you have life today and the most important thing is to live for today.To be with someone like that is so refreshing.

No comments: