Sunday, March 1, 2009

Watching the Sunrise

The sky is just beginning to lighten and I'm looking forward to heading to bed. No, this isn't Janelle finishing a night shift. It's Todd finishing his night shift. Kourtney had issues with her esophagus again last night and was up from 0200 - 0230 and then from 0400 - 0600. During those times she wasn't able to swallow her saliva. At 0200 I gave her some Ranitidine (reflux medication) and thought that would take care of things but she was up again a few hours later. I looked around for some Tums but couldn't find any until about 0500 when I thought about checking in the van. She seemed to settle after 0530 and finally fell asleep. Now it's my turn, until Shaelyn gets up; probably in about an hour or so.

It's 0900, the girls are up, and Kourtney is experiencing more difficulty swallowing. Hopefully things will loosen up as she starts moving around. Long day ahead.

It's 1300 and she's finally swallowing.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough night with Kourtney Todd, I hope she's feeling better now!