Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cartwheels - today!!

I feel like dancing today. If I could I would do cartwheels instead of walking; would that not be a sight? My heart is leaping with joy, I can't sit still. Today we have gotten a break from the BC rain and have been blessed with a mild, clear, and dry day. The day started at 6 AM, and amazing things began to happen.

Kourtney had a dressing change in the morning instead of last evening at her request. She promised me there would be no morning grumpiness, or tears. True to her word it was the best dressing change ever. Not even a whimper out of her. Mona and I were almost in shock when she went in to the tub and there wasn't a sound out of her. Wow!! How amazingly refreshing to start the day out like that then with the usual dread.

As we were wrapping Kourtney, Lexi began whining. I realized that she was asking to go outside. Although she has done this before, she hasn't done it in a while. She did her business and then sat patiently by the door waiting for us to let her in. I felt satisfaction in our dog training skills. We have also learned that "leash" is a word we don't say around our house unless you are willing to take the dog for a walk. She still rings the bell or "Easy Button" when she wants something.

After that we got the confirmation that our cabinets will go in tomorrow. It just seemed too smooth. They will be here at 0730 tomorrow morning. The floor looks great and appliances are here just waiting to be used!!

The day just got better when we found out that Shaelyn will be joining the Skipping Sensations team in January. She has been skipping once a week for a 1 1/2 years and feels that she wants to be part of the team. It is an amazing program and it is so amazing what these girls can do with a skipping rope. Way to go Shae!! So exciting.

I am even excited about the supper we are having tonight - stuffed chicken breasts. Can life get any better? I don't think so. I realize I keep comparing life to last year, but that is because our minds remember anniversaries. The comparison between last year and today, well there is no comparison.

On a side note: Kourtney is doing her exercises and has been challenged to take charge of her body. She is going on the treadmill and staying positive.

*** Our day ended with a parent teacher interview for Shae - raving reviews. I am so proud of her!! ***

3 comments:

Flo said...

Yeah .... sounds like a perfect day all round and something you all so deserve. Glad you were able to rejoice in it.

Michelle said...

You gotta love these kind of days! So glad to hear that Kourtney is taking charge - not an easy thing to do -way to go Kourtney! Kira and I were also very excited to read about Shae's news! Super work, Shae!

Bree said...

The kitchen looks awesome by the way!