Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, Monday. You are so good to me.

Happy Birthday to my favourite mother-in-law Bev!! Looking forward to a celebration at the Olive Garden tonight.

How I loved this Monday because Sunday was one of the worst days of my life. Nothing went right, except my visit with Adrianna and Shirley in the morning, after that it was spiral downhill. So let me explain . . .

First of all Todd and I had just a wee bit of tension between us as I had ordered some new furniture and when our sectional arrived we both were a little shocked at how it looked. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting and it was a bit of a miscommunication between the salesman and myself. Kourtney loved it but I still had that down deep pit in my stomach that it wasn't what I had ordered.

If you know my dear sweet husband, black is black and white is white - no in betweens. The tension rose and I thought I would have to return the whole sectional. But then Todd began to arrange the sectional in a different order and took out one piece and voila, only one piece needs to be returned. The tension was gone and we both sighed as we sat in our recliner sofa. One cloud disappeared.

Second cloud was when Kourtney, choked on a cracker during communion at church on Saturday. We made a quick escape not to cause a scene in the church. She thought she had cleared her esophagus until she took a drink in the van as I was driving. She started choking again and turning a nice shade of blue. I almost hit another car, and drove home like a mad woman. She cleared her esophagus but the the next day she got plugged up again and it took 3 hours to clear. This means she can't even swallow her own saliva, so she has to constantly spit. I don't think we realize how much we swallow in 3 hours but it must be a lot. The pain is like heartburn, but antacids are ineffective. She sounds like a clogged drain when she tries to swallow.

To add insult to injury our PVR was not working and Kourtney couldn't watch her fav show. We had to get the cable company to reset the system, and were on the phone for at least 45 mins. The lady must of thought we were TV junkies, as Lorraine (our caregiver) described in great detail how important the TV show was and that it was the second last show before the finale. Kourtney cleared her esophagus and shouts out, "Praise the Lord" and then we all cheered and thanked her like she had saved our lives when the cable started to work.

Cloud number 3 was Lexi. She is at the pinnacle of her heat cycle and oh my she acted like a human with menstrual cramps. On Saturday we could not keep her settled as she wanted to go outside "to sow her wild oats", she whined so much that she was hoarse the next morning. The lament continued on Sunday hiding under the bed, in the bushes, behind the couch crying wanting to be left alone. We were all worried about her until I did some online education and came to the conclusion that some dogs in heat, do indeed act like that.

On top of this I had a mountain of laundry to fold, dressing change to do, and a house to tidy up. The only person who was unaffected by all of this was Shaelyn. She rubbed Lexi's tummy, put peanut butter in her Kong, made lemonade for Kourtney, offered to make some eyeballs for my morning company (the Kujawa smores), and told me she thought the couch was OK. Love that kid!!

I love this Monday, I woke up at 0530 expecting an overcast day, the sun was starting to make a early appearance, Todd was relaxed, Lexi greeted me with a wagging tail, Kourtney was unclogged , Shaelyn was her usual chipper self . . . and I am doing my most favourite thing in the world . . .blogging.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love your blog...it's so honest and true!