Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 1

Kourtney had a good night last night. She is well medicated and is very peaceful despite all that is going on her little body! We have seen a dietician, and many doctors that we needed to catch up with. We will be here for at least another night and hopefully home tomorrow.

Once again I feel overwhelmed by how big this surgery was and can't wrap my head around how this is all going to play out in the long run. I just don't have a lot of Peace about it right now.

I also am missing my Shaelyn. She has made the decision not to come in in her wise little way. She says she is nervous about seeing Kourtney and then having to leave her she would just worry about her. Instead she wants to see her when she knows she isn't going to leave Kourtney and I at the hospital. For a 10 year old that is very impressive.

So where do we go from here? I am really not sure, this void I feel is pretty huge and I am wondering when it is going to go away. We are looking forward to our annual Saskatchewan trip and spending time with family. We are hoping Kourtney will be healed up enough to enjoy the trip and be able to sing - not sure, but we can sure pray and Hope.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying for a good recovery for Kourtney, and for peace for you! Hugs to you and your family.

doris said...

praying for recovery- praise to God that Courtney has overcome so many things - praise that in this decade-so many things are possible that weren't possible before.

love you guys
Doris