Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 3, 4, 5 and now 6!!

The DNA is rather evident!!!
I just finished my set of shifts at work! Sunday night Kourtney really wanted to watch a movie, as much as I wanted to stick to my regime, I can never say no to Kourtney! Monday I did do a walk, run and bike ride, so I think it may have evened out!
I have adjusted to the smoothie regime, the scale has moved down, and my clothes are starting to fit better!
Why am I really doing this? You may be thinking how selfish but I do it for my family! I have learned that when times are good, to fill my tank up as much as possible so if we hit crisis mode again I have some fuel saved up. I as well feel that doing dressing changes as well as the job I have it is so important to have a strong body so injuries don't occur. As well with my strong history of depression I feel that regular exercise and a balanced diet helps me focus better and mentally well.A life of discipline and balance is key in raising my family. Believe me when mama is happy so is everyone else.

I also believe living with EB in our home demands discipline on so many levels, daily dressing changes, hospital appointments, supply lists, medication regimes, physio, organizing caregivers...the list is endless. I   feel the more disciplined I become the easier the demands of life become a routine more than a chore.

I am off work until Monday morning so I am going to be diligent with my routine and my blogging!!


No comments: