Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1/2 year later . . .

It has been almost 6 months since our really rough road began. Today . . . Kourtney had enough energy after school to go shopping with me . . . walking around and not getting tired. Generally she comes home and crashes in her chair, but today was the breakthrough day. I had tears in my eyes as I watched her running down the aisle looking for her Wii fit game (it wasn't there but she has saved her money to get one). Today was a great day! We need to celebrate these good days and look back on them as encouragement and comfort to help us through the difficult times ahead.

We are having a celebration supper tonight with my cousin Leanne and her family (Tricky Ricky as Shaelyn calls him and Katelyn). They have been such a huge support for our family during this time and I am thankful for them. Their oldest daughter, Brittany, returns from YWAM Hawaii tonight and is planning to be our newest caregiver in the very near future.

No comments: