Monday, March 12, 2018

13 Days. Taking Charge

This last month has been emotionally exhausting. Waiting for the phone to ring with news of test results, Kourtney's postop pain. Drs visits, trips into Vancouver and for the first two weeks I tried to keep up with work- I have neglected to take care of myself. Many times I felt panicked that Kourtney would receive a phone call and she would be alone. I have neglected to take time to make meals and exercise. My body aches from lack of movement and my stomach hurts from not eating properly. Todd even banned me from the room last night because I had tummy  problems. He said it was so bad I made the memory foam mattress have amnesia. 😂. I have bags under my eyes as a result and generally feel awful.

I decided I had to take charge today. We are in a holding pattern as far as the next step goes. I am off work and we cancelled our annual Arizona trip. So for the next 13 days I have decided to be active twice a day and do some meal planning.  Day number 13 we leave for Disneyland so that's why it's the unlucky 13 days I have given myself to kickstart my return to health.  As well Todd is on spring break so having him home gives me a partner to bike ride with and help with meals.


I am not in a position to commit to fancy diets, expensive foods and protein powders. I have enough  resources to use, my gym pass, my bike my running shoes, elliptical and of course my fitness pal. The next 13 days I will blog as well keep you up to date  with Kourtney. I am excited to commit to feeling better and overall health. I want to be an inspiration to women at this stage of life that, for those people with children with health problems, and most of all those who suffer from depression. Exercise and healthy eating have been the building blocks that have kept me sane over the years. I need to get back into a routine and make to most of the day.

Day 13. Daylight saving so it was difficult to crawl out of bed. In the afternoon I went for a bike ride and in the evening I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical. Ate well.



No comments: