Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Continue to pray

Kourtney's morning started out with a dizzy spell. The rest of the day was better.  She had more awake time than sleep time and required nothing for pain.  During the dressing change she was quite miserable . . . she hasn't been that miserable in a long time.  I may be a sign that she has a little more energy).

I called for a team meeting with Kourtney's Doctors at Children's. So far I have only heard back from the hematologist. He told me he didn't want to alarm me in some ways a bit of redemption for me. He attempted to explain what he meant, offered me some Hope that all is not lost. He isn't 100 % sure of  his suspicion that Kourtney's bone marrow is completely depressed.  (I don't know if one bullet to the brain is easier than 4 stabs to the heart.) If he had told me this on Friday, would I have felt better?  I'm not sure.  I know I fear the unknown more than the known.  He also reminded me that Kourtney's nutritional status can be causing a lot of these symptoms and agreed there needs to be a team meeting.

Please continue to hold our family in prayer. Little Shae has no appetite, (and for you that know her that is so unusual, she has lost quite a bit of weight).  Todd is busy this week with school, I am thankful he is continuing to work despite what is going on at home. He is my Rock. Most of the times I have Peace. Last night I was able to get out to a movie.  I'm so thankful for my friends Angela and Jeanne who have been there every step of the way on my journey. Thanks to my other friends who have come to visit. Keep them coming!

Kourtney is doing OK emotionally. There are moments that she will come up with some of the funniest things, and then moments later she will be overcome with emotion and fear. However, she knows how awful she has felt, and I do believe that the break from her highly regimented routine is a welcome change, not only for her, but for all of us!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Blessing you are in the midst and in ALL things giving thanks. Love the song and full of Truth. We continue to pray for all of you.

Ang said...

Lord God, I pray for Your amazing grace and mercy to be very real for the Kujawa family during this time of struggle, unknown, waiting for answers. God, You are good and You have proven it so many times and in so many ways and we're thankful. God we pray for Your healing for Kourtney and Your peace for the entire family. Thank You Lord for the friends that have been near and dear in the last while. Quicken many to pray and to bless the Kujawa family in special ways. Thank you for that amazing song. Be glorified.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family and both of your girls. Although I have only crossed paths with you and your family a few times, they have been huge encouragements.

Lord, praying for peace and healing as this crisis surrounds this family. I pray that you would meet Shae's needs as you tries to make sense of all that is going on with her sister and family. God, I pray that you would give Janelle and Todd supernatural strength and peace as they wrestle with so much, especially the unknown. And Lord, I ask that you would heal Kourtney's body and hold her heart amongst what can only seem completely out of control. We know that you are in control. Please keep them surrounded with love and support with friends and family.
Much love, Amber Wiens