Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's like a knife went through my heart!

This will be probably one of the most difficult blogs that I will have to write. A part of me is numb, the other part of my mind is going 100mph and trying to bring Hope to this situation. However, since they could not isolate where the bleed came from the hematologist highly suspects her bone marrow is not working anymore and even the transfusions will only last for 3 weeks at a time. When he told me this it was like a knife went through my heart. He told me like I knew this was a commonly known fact and I should have known this and in some ways that was even more difficult for me to take. Kourtney was in the room sleeping so I was the only one who absorbed this information. We also learned that Kourtney's nutritional status is not good. She is not making use of all the feed we are giving her. Not sure why, but once again it seems like Kourtney's body is so overwhelmed that she is starting to shutdown. At this point it will be "wait and see" how Kourtney handles this transfusion. If she holds on to it then we will have more Hope that this was an acute blip with EB. If she doesn't hold on to it then it will be clear in our minds that we will have many decisions to make regarding her care. This was a blindside for me and not something I was prepared for. Please pray for strength wisdom and a whole lot of HOPE. WE are exhausted, scared, but also feel that although we are walking through the dark valley we know and feel that it is so out of our realm of control. Thanks for your prayers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had the blessing of meeting you or your family, but your daughter (and your family as a whole) inspires me and reminds me of the good in this world. As someone with a different rare genetic disorder, I know the pain and sorrow of not knowing what to do, or how to make things better, and I am just so thankful that you have your faith to fall back on.

Praying for you guys, with tears in my eyes and a heart full of hope.

Rick Richards said...

Janelle,

My heart breaks for you and your family as I read this blog. I wish I could be there to give you guys a big hug.

I pray that God will give you the wisdom, the strength and hope, and peace that passes all understanding.

If you need to chat, my number is 404-973-0016.

Love you,

Rick

Rick said...

Sorry 403-973-0016

Marg Dowkes said...

Janelle, My heart aches for you. May God give you strength and wisdom for each day.

Marg Dowkes

Peter said...

We are certainly close at heart with you guys and wish Kourtney every bit of strength and hope that she'll meet us at the Christmas event at children's for EB. Raquel will most certainly pull a smile and some happiness from her.

Heather M. said...

Janelle,

I am praying for you and for Kourtney. That God will heal, that He will comfort, that He will give you peace.

Heather Muth

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
You might not remember me, but i've been following your blog. You are in my prayers as you journey with Kourtney. I can't imagine what you are going thru, and even though I watch families journey along similar paths, no one can comprehend the heartache of watching a child in pain unless they've been thru it. Thank you for being open in sharing your heart, your faith, and your Hope. You have been blessed with an incredible extended family of Faith, and I am thankful you have them.

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
You might not remember me, but i've been following your blog. You are in my prayers as you journey with Kourtney. I can't imagine what you are going thru, and even though I watch families journey along similar paths, no one can comprehend the heartache of watching a child in pain unless they've been thru it. Thank you for being open in sharing your heart, your faith, and your Hope. You have been blessed with an incredible extended family of Faith, and I am thankful you have them.

Flo said...

<3