Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Home

So we got home at 9 pm! Todd and I had to learn to look after Kourtney's line before we left! Never in a million years did I imagine that I would be doing daily heparin flushes, and 1 minute hub scrubs, for Kourtney! Yes the line is still in, she still needs her scope to investigate her bleeding as well keep a close watch on her blood levels!

Coming home is bitter sweet.  I have to be honest! In the hospital I had nothing else to do to tend but to tend to Kourtney.  It made me realize how easy she is to look after (when it is just her and I).  No early morning routines,  I could take my time with the dressings, no housework, no laundry, just her and I watching NETFLIX. Both Kourtney and I were getting antsy and were wanting to come home.

But as soon I walked through the door the overwhelming feeling hit me as Shaelyn's piano didn't get practiced, tears that she doesn't understand her math, the house in the same state of disarray when I left, lots of unpacking from the hospital stay, and the list goes on, figuring out how I was going to catch Kourtney up with her homework . . . and the list goes on.

But last night as I laid beside my snoring husband, just knowing he was close by, made me realize I was indeed Happy to be Home.


1 comment:

jimbo said...

my heart goes out to you, and my prayers continue for all of you. Love you all very much!