Friday, November 16, 2012

Water to wine....

We found out a couple days before the procedure that the anesthesiologist that was going to do Kourtneys procedure was the one who bullied us into the bath that damaged Kourtney's skin 4 years ago! I didn't have enough emotional energy to fight this and decided that all I could do was pray that God would turn water to wine or that God would give Kourtney and myself some sort of grace and love for this obnoxious woman. I prepared Kourtney for this and told her that she hopefully had learned her lesson to listen to this mama bear! On arrival to the hospital kourtney told me she was having bad thoughts and was convinced this dr was going to poison her.... I explained to her that her job is her livelihood and that would not to this! (but then I started having bad thoughts!!) On arrival to surgical daycare our nurse was kind,fastidious, professional, but didnt crack a smile. We went through our regular procedures, no blood pressures, temperature under the arm and yes she leaves her shoes on when she gets weighed, and do you have an attachment for her gtube? Then I asked who was the anesthesiologist, the nurse started into a fit of giggles when she told me it was Dr Lauder (the anesthesiologist that knows Kourtney the best and took Kourtney under her wing after all of this happened) the nurse excused herslef from laughing by saying she just loves Dr Lauder...somehow I knew there was more to that story from the nurses reaction however,due to the professional code ethics I will never know what kind of shakedown went on! All I know that God must have have a sense of humour by taking the murky water and turned into a fine wine. Sometimes it is the smaller miracles (and very funny)that help me get through these very tough times, the best part is that I didn't have to anything but have complete Faith and trust that God will work things out! Still after the procedure there are still no solid answers! Kourtneys hemoglobin dropped again significantly so she was transfused last night! Kourtney will have her heart checked out as well due to her abnormally high heart rate! The weird thing that her skin is not the issue at this point, infact it is better then it ever has been! I am trying to stay positive...... The other day Kourtney had visits from Kim and Kelly.....if you guys are reading this you have been missed more then you know! You gave Kourtney friendship and showered her with so much love! Also Jennifer M thanks for your visit, you are a true friend to Kourtney,a rare jewel!,, Please hold us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to update the blog, Janelle. Helps us know what to pray. So glad that God's fingerprints are over every detail - especially who is assigned to Kourtney's care.... From Kristal