Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BAD DAY!!

Right now I am really struggling not to be feeling overwhelmed by life in general. Last night we went out with our Wish Granter, Cassie. Kourtney had a fever and fell asleep at the table during our talk about travel plans, and Shae was so excited that if she could have she would have danced on the tables. It tormented me that Kourtney was feeling so miserable that she could not even be excited about her wish trip to Disney World.

We then did a bath, which turned out horrible and then I could not fall asleep. I finally took a sleeping pill and woke up to Kourtney throwing up!!! Could it be any worse . . . I don't think so. Yes I know I should concentrate on the positives but somehow the negatives are just slightly overwhelming.

Today we are going to a new pediatrician in Abbotsford. She will be our liaison pediatrician, so that if we run into any problems we can see her first and then she can call the necessary doctors at Children's. I am praying that a fresh set of eyes and ears will help direct us with Kourtney's fevers and also her anemia issues.

Kourtney just came home . . . we will be off to the doctors. She said she felt better today. I am thankful for every day that she feels good, it helps me get through the really, really tough days . . . like yesterday.

Oh yes . . . I also have acquired a new addition to my face. A monstrous cold sore. It is so painful and huge. I didn't go to work today for fear of contaminating the babies or scaring off all my patients.

3 comments:

Todd, Janis, Paige said...

which pediatrician are you seeing? Do we have a new one?

rachel said...

Sorry to hear it was a rough day. Saying some prayers for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Janelle, the LORD will never leave you or forsake you! I pray that you feel His loving arms arond all of you.
May Disneyworld refresh and excite all of you.
You are a true inspiration!