Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

After my last blog entry Kourtney slept for about an hour. When she woke up she felt better and even ate a grilled cheese sandwich. We put her to bed and loaded her up again with pain meds and started her on her oral antibiotics although, she didn't sleep the best but she was not complaining of pain nor was she vomiting (yay). I Believe that was a good mom's day gift

Last night Shae and I went to Walmart and got a few essentials for the trip.When we got home Shae presented me with a card that she wrote about me for Mom's day. She even mentioned that she loves it when I make baked beans??? not sure where that came from. I also received a beautiful bracelet from her.

As difficult as motherhood has been I can honestly say I love being a mom!! I was told by one of the Doctors at Children's Hospital that Mom's with Special Needs Children are viewed as control freaks. But she said after getting to know our family she realized that it is not being a control freak but simply it is being the best advocate for their child. After this latest hospital stay I realized that my role as an advocate for Kourtney was respected. Even though the regular Doctors were not around, Kourtney's frequent flyer status has made the staff at Children's very aware of her. I think it speaks volumes to being a mom when a whole hospital respects our family and is there to guide us. (I will do a tribute to Todd on Father's Day). I believe that being an advocate for your child is one of the key attributes of being a mom. Kourtney told me that she will always remember the times I stood up for her.

I also love being a mom to Shaelyn.The memory will never fade of the first time I held her checking her over to see if she had any blisters (in labor room 3 at MSA). She has brought us so much joy. She loves her skipping classes and is looking forward to all the roller coasters at Disney World. (Hey Laura do you know what you are in for?)

Through the pain, hardships and the joyous times this year, today is a Happy Mother's Day.....!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mom's day janelle!!
Sheila and Tim

Tammy said...

My hat goes of to you Janelle and Todd you are doing a wonderful job being parents to Shae and Kourtney! They are both beautiful lovable girls!

Coco said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Mother's Day. YOU are precious!!!

Lori Bourne said...

Happy Mother's Day, Janelle! The fact that you can say you love being a mom after all you've been through is a clear sign of God's grace and faithfulness. You are an inspiration to us all!

Love,
Lori

Todd, Janis, Paige said...

Keep up the positive thinking. I can't imagine what you're going through. You are a very special mom and both your girls are lucky to have you! Remember you are only human, and will not always be the perfect mom/advocate/nurse etc. Just being there for your kids is the most important thing. Remember to look after yourself too though. Taking some time for yourself will ensure you can be there for them when it really counts. Easier said than done. I think it's a mommy issue that we always need to take care of everyone else first! I hope you enjoy your trip! Will be thinking of you and your family. A change of scenery does wonders!

JMV Healthcare Garage said...

what they said!!!
have a great trip!
hugs, marci