Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 19- Feeling great!

So here I am Day 19 of the challenge and I am all caught up to my goal of doing yoga 30 times in 30 days!! 11 more to go; I am over halfway through and loving it.

This week Kourtney has been very sick with a sinus cold. She has wiped her nose so many times that the end of her nose has blistered. It looks so painful, yet through it all she has remained chipper and positive. It has helped me cope so much better knowing that although she's sick she has not sunk into a depression. We have also have been amazed by the compassion bestowed upon us this week. Kourtney's teacher's aide, Tammy, was allowed to come to our house to help her with assignments and also to continue to do physio with her. I also was able to get a prescription for Kourtney by having a doctor only a phone call away; no questions asked and without hesitation. She is also looking forward to going to the Olympics and also looking forward to our Arizona trip which is now less than 2 weeks away.

The other night when Todd and I were at Alpha I felt this overwhelming sense of peace, I wouldn't trade my life for anything. Once again, we have experienced richness beyond what I can imagine. I also know doing this 30 day challenge has made me realize that practicing self control has given me a huge sense of accomplishment and has given me an amazing sense of well being. Although my Coke Zero vice and shopping vice were not harmful I always looked at them as a sense of entitlement. I deserved it because I needed to reward myself. I have actually discovered that the true reward comes with practicing self control. What an incredible lesson to learn.

Let me encourage any one reading this blog, especially woman out there who struggle with depression. I want to encourage you that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it is a matter of you taking control of what can bring you down in life. We think we deserve more out of life, we work hard, and rarely are satisfied with what life has to offer. We don't look at what is around us but we look at what is outside of our radius. We want to be thinner, richer. We want, want , want, and want and become depressed when we don't achieve this. But what we don't realize is at some point jumping off the "want" band wagon and being thankful for what each day brings is a lot easier and more free way to live. Believe me, I get it!!

Anyone who wants to join me in my last 11 days on my journey to self control . . . come with me . . . it is a great place to be.

1 comment:

Tammy S said...

You go girls!!!