Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home

Just to let you know.....we are home on a pass for two days. The plastic surgeon looked Kourtney over and although her skin isn't that great, she doesn't have any signs of active infection. Her skin was getting worse in the hospital, just being in a different environment. We will see how she does and hopefully we can stay here. It was so hard being at the hospital when I know I can manage her bettter at home.

Although I am happy to be home I still feel overwhelmed by this all I don't know if I am still ready to take this whole thing on again and try balancing life along with it. The dressing changes are emotionally and physically exhausting for both of us and she requires help with almost all of her activities of daily living. She has gone from a vibrant happy child to a very debilitated flat child. I still think I am in the denial phase of the grieving process, but it is going to take some time for me to move on as it is loss of another dream.

So...we are home....Janelle

3 comments:

Todd, Janis, Paige said...

Oh Janelle! It is so hard when you see your child affected this way. It brings you down, which just makes it harder for both of you to cope. But you will get through this, BOTH of you! I will keep praying for strength and healing for both you and Kourtney.

Flo said...

Hi Janelle,

So glad to be able to read a blog daily and know what's going on and how we can pray. Glad you are home and will pray for strength and encouragement and also for Kourtney to perk up and, of course, for her healing. So glad you could meet someone who "gets it". That's invaluable!

Anonymous said...

hey kourt! i miss u so much i am glad to know that u are at home. When you are feeling good enough to play with me call! We could play with the ice cubes!!!(hehehe) love yah kealin