Friday, November 21, 2008

SO.....Anyhow.....

Just in case you are checking in....we still don't know the results of Kourtney's, Shaelyn's, Todd's or my swabs yet. This will just be another long weekend wondering how to best manage Kourtney. Today we were thankful for the very nice relaxing bath Kourtney had without the strong medication. She was very brave and wanted to try her bath without it. We did things a bit differently so she wasn't in as much pain today.

My dad is leaving early because he came down with a nasty cold and doesn't want to infect everyone around him. It is kind of unfortunate, but I think it will be the best as he did not want me to have another patient on my hands.

Yesterday we took a huge leap of faith! Westjet had some smoking deals to Hawaii starting the end of January. We decided to book as it was a one day sale, (the cost was less than a trip to Saskatchewan). Westjet has a really great cancellation policy so if anything happens we can cancel. We just booked our flights as the hotel will take some time to find the best deal.

Specific prayer requests.....pain control and healing of Kourtney's back, also strength for myself as I am totally burntout. At this point the dressing changes are very traumatic for me as I have to talk Kourtney through them and it becomes a 3 hour process. Blogging is a good source of unwinding for me, I am just happy to leave my thoughts on the computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Kourtney's bath went well toady. Hope that you have a relaxing weekend! Remember to take the best care of yourself too Janelle.

Unknown said...

Way to go with your trip!! THat's so wonderful. Something to look forward to. I'm so sorry for the exhaustion that you face. You've been prayed for by me!!

Love Jacquie