Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kourtney Update 1

I am so glad we are here at Children's, I feel a sense of relief knowing that this time we are in great hands. So here is the scoop. Kourtney's Hemoglobin levels are extremely low (Hemoglobin carries Red Blood Cells to your body, low levels make you tired, heart palpataions and decreased resistance to infections). So...the solution is iron supplements, Kourtney has been on iron on the maximum dose of iron supplements, not working because iron can't be absorbed when there is an infection. THE VISCIOUS CYCLE. So they will look at her blood work tomorrow, and prepare to do a blood transfusion with IV iron which will be better absorbed with the blood. This should make her feel more like my perky Kourtney, plus help bring healing to her body. I really would love to see my perky Kourtney back. I know a blood transfusion......icky but as a dialysis nurse I have seen the benefits more than the negatives.

Everyone is quite excited about the honey dressings, tomorrow we take some of them off. I peeked tonight, wow what a stench but underneath was some amazing healed skin, please pray that her back will show the same amount of healing.

Specific prayer requests would be.......Peace in my heart. Peace for Kourtney and healing. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Toodles, Janelle

No comments: