Thursday, November 6, 2008

Long Day

Kourtney woke up around 10 am yesterday. She was miserable and in a lot of pain. I ended up doing her dressings (against the plan), but I knew that they needed to be done because there would have been no way that she would have gotten through the day. Turned out to be a little bit of a disaster.

Although we are seeing signs of improvement, the road to recovery is going to be long. I need a lot of patience. Kourtney and I were very discouraged afterwards. Thanks to Mona for being there and helping Kourtney get through and helping me with the dressings. She is truly a gift to our family.

After all was said and done our dermatologist came in. I sometimes don't know how to take her. I keep hearing that this infection is very hard to get rid of but for some reason it just disappears. She was very encouraging yesterday. It just takes time. I just have to learn how to outsmart it. She is going to look into getting some Apligraft which is a synthetic skin. They have been using it in the USA on kids with EB. She is going to a meeting in Texas and will talk to a doctor there that has used it.

Today my bro will come for a visit. Just pray that Kourtney's back will feel better and she can enjoy the day. She has been on around the clock pain meds last night.

Janelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girls! Hope that you are able to enjoy your time with your brother Happy shopping I hope that you get the new clothes that yousaid you need. Love Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hey Janelle! We are praying for all of you. Holy cow your Grandma and Grandpa have been married 78 years????? I'm glad your Mom and Dad can come out for a bit! Hope you are having a good time with Carlin. e-mail me sometime....or give me your phone #in the hospital and we can talk. Love ya!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hi! Janelle,

We continue to pray for God's mercy to shower upon Kourtney...asking that He pour His healing ointment into the wounds...praying for wisdom, dramatic new insight and direction for medical team...for comfort Kourtney's comfort...for stamina & encouragement for you and your family.
Praying for peace to permeate Kourtney's being and her hospital room.

Hugs...
Ann