Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas

This morning on this very snowy day, Murray (my brother), Shaelyn, Todd and I sat in our hot tub as the snow was lightly falling on the ground. Todd and I came to the conclusion that the hot tub was the best investment ever.

We are so excited to have Murray here. He is the youngest out of my 6 brothers and sisters. He has become my coffee drinking buddy and wow does he ever make a good cup of coffee! He decided to spend Christmas with the Kujawa's this year instead of in Saskatchewan with the rest of my family. I don't think Murray will ever comprehend how much his visit means to us. Our family has had a very difficult time "connecting" with our Saskatchewan family over the years, so it is wonderful for my girls to have one of my siblings around.

As I look around at my sparsely decorated house, our simple tree, and our lack of gifts this year, I am the most joyous I ever have been. I feel honoured to have my brother here, and am relieved that Kourtney is comfortable for Christmas. Shaelyn is a natural in the snow, and loves sitting in bed watching movies with Zazu curled up beside her. That to me is Christmas . . .

I have let go . . . .of what our society thinks Christmas is, and have entered a new era of teaching my children about the simplicity of Christmas. We don't know if we will be snowbound tomorrow for the day, but even if we are that is OK . . . because I know I have it all. If mom is happy . . . so is everyone else.

Wishing you all a joyous Christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ain't nobody happy if mama ain't happy! merry christmas and blessings to you and your family

Flo said...

Merry Christmas Janelle. So glad that you will have a joy-filled and relaxing Christmas with your family. Enjoy ...