Friday, December 26, 2008

What Else?

I am home with Shaelyn, she has bronchial pneumonia. On antibiotics, coughing a lot and congested.

Since Kourtney has started on the antibiotics, the honey dressings don't work as well because her skin has is drying out. So now we have itchy alligator skin....which means....more blisters as the story goes. We just need patience and insight into how to best care for her again. What works one day doesn't always work the next, as we have discovered with EB. I talked to Dr Courtemanche today, he kindly ordered some flamazine cream for her.....since we had to go to the pharmacy already today. I am hoping the goopy cream will help make her less itchy now and help heal her sores.

We have 4 days left of the antibiotics...I am hoping that things settle down once she is done with them.

We went to the movie "Bedtime Stories". Good little movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all a happy holiday. I hope that Shaelyn is feeling better soon. We are still in Sicamous we got a big dump of snow last night. How is the snow there? Hope to see you next week when we get back!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janelle! We'll keep praying for all of you. Hope you are having some progress with both of the girls today. Just a question....did you take yourself off of facebook? I'm thinking that you did.

I think we'll go see that movie too. It would have been fun to go with you guys! :) Take care ! ttyl

Melanie

Todd, Janis, Paige said...

I hope your little one's feel better soon. What did we ever do before antibiotics? I think pneumonia is going around. My sister-in-law is currently going to home iv therapy for a very resistant pneumonia. It just doesn't want to leave. Hopefully Shae's will clear up fast.

Is it the antibiotics drying up Kourtney's skin, or the honey? I guess it's hard to treat, since anything you put on creates a barrier to the honey dressings. Arghh!!!!! Hopefully things will "moist" up quickly. I'm sure this cold dry weather isn't helping. Do you use a humidifier? Or is the bacteria risk too much for her skin?

I'm glad you had a good christmas! I too was just thankful to be with family, and that Paige was feeling well. A positive attitude goes a long way. I didn't realize how out of touch I was until I realized Paige didn't really know what christmas was about. Sure she knew about Santa, but not about baby jesus. So we quickly read the story, and I taught her as much as I could about appreciating the holiday for what it is!

Praying for you! Hope the girls feel better soon.