Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ROUND #2

Tomorrow we are off to BCCH again....for a bath and dressing change.(yes it will be done) Kourtney's favorite nurse in the world will be there to assist...so she is looking forward to it. Kourtney will have blood work drawn which will give us an idea of where she is at so she continues to heal.

Although her back is starting heal up very well and the pain is much less....her arms broke down today, and they look infected. So now I have to start honey on them also. The plan is......

If Kourtney's Hemoglobin and Albumin levels are low and she needs replacement, I will request an antibiotic for her. Then all if those things can work together to continue to heal her. If her levels are within normal then we will continue on more passively and safely with the honey dressings. Unless...Dr Courtemanche thinks differently when he sees her arms.

Kourtney had a good day at school. I bought her some new clothes, (when you look good you feel better). She even gave a little bum wiggle as she was walking out the door. It was awesome to see that.

I am very nervous about the bath tomorrow as the last time we were in that tub, Kourtney had a violent reaction. I honestly believe I am suffering post traumatic stress disorder, so tomorrow, Kourtney and I will both be facing our fears. She wants to try the entonox (laughing gas). I am praying it will work well for her.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We'll be thinking and praying about you today. I loved to read about Kourtney's "spunk" over the last few days!