Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh just let it Snow!!!

Kourtney almost fainted last night at Costco she became cool and clammy and could not walk another step. Her anemia issues have now been passed on to a hematologist and we will have to go in next week. It will be just another loooonnnng weekend for us because Kourtney can barely stand up she is so anemic. That is why I am hoping it will snow....then I will feel like the snow is keeping me home instead of Kourtney.

We do have to go back to Children's tomorrow for more meetings . . . we need to establish chain of command and we are also meeting with the pain doctors. I am thinking that they may want to admit her because her hemoglobin is so low. I think if they suggest it I would be open to it, but not to thrilled about spending a weekend in there.

There is not much more to say except how privelaged I feel to be Kourtney's mom. I have done and will do anything for her. She has brought us a lot of joy over the years and I know will bring us more in the years to come. Although this is not the life we dreamed of when we were planning a family, I would not trade it for anything. There are many things that I have had to let go of over the last 11 years, but I do believe my life is a lot richer. The every day stuff (like snow) does not even phase me. I love being known as Kourtney's mom . . . I am her biggest fan. I just feel sorry for the people who can't get passed the disability. They don't know what they are missing. Tammy S and Mona . . . you guys rock in helping Kourtney realize her potential. You have been my solid rocks during this rough time . . . thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire how positive you are. That is so awesome! Of course, I know you have your bad times, but what a great attitude you have. We think of you often.

Sherry Knoppers

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky one here. I just can't wait for the old Kourtney to come back. I miss her! Get better really soon!!

Unknown said...

Jacquie says:
It's interesting that we go through the hardest of challenges - hate it that we have to do it - but would never trade it for the world. Humans are an interesting breed aren't we!!??

Blessings on you for facing your/Kourteny's journey with stamina... keep hiking!! The road of life is not flat and paved for many... just make sure you have good hiking boots and lots of water - a little cheering section will help too!!

Loving you guys - wish there was more we could do in tangable ways.